Moccamaster KBG Select
The new Moccamaster KBG Select is certified for 10 and 6 cups. Thanks to the new select switch, it's possible to easily switch between a full or half jug. The waterflow will be slower using the switch for half jug. The result will always be an aromatic cup of coffee with a full flavor, regardless of the amount of cups. This makes the Moccamaster KBG Select the perfect coffee machine for a full jug but also for a few cups. The KBG delivers optimal brewing temperature and water/coffee contact time, as well as holding temperature all matching the critical requirements of the European Coffee Brewing Centre, and the Specialty Coffee Association of America.
- Perfect brewing temperature of 92° to 96°C: less sour or bitter taste
- The brewing element switches off automatically after brewing
- The hotplate, with dual-heat switch, keeps the coffee at 80°-85°C for 40 minutes
- Brew basket with automatic drip stop
- Jug lid with mixing tube for homogeneous coffee
- Extra fire prevention: brewing element and hot plate work independently
- 1.25 litre (10 cups) within 6 minutes
- 9-hole stainless steel outlet arm for efficient wetting of the coffee grounds
- UK plug
The assurances of Moccamaster
- High quality recyclable materials, BPA free
- Handmade in The Netherlands under strict quality control
- Long lasting performance, 5 years warranty
- SCA & ECBC certified
- Solid aluminium housing
- Removable parts easy to clean and easy to be replaced
Moccamaster Brew Guide
Technivorm Moccamaster coffee machines have been handmade in The Netherlands since 1964. While its styling is reminiscent of the drip coffee makers often seen in American diners, it is in fact a top class semi-automatic filter coffee brewer which is accredited by the SCAA, SCAE and other coffee industry bodies.
We highly recommend the Moccamaster for home, office or cafe use. It is a great way to make high quality filter coffee in large volumes, and when paired with a matching Thermal Carafe, can service the whole office for hours.
Fill the reservoir with 1 litre of cold, fresh water.
Fold the paper filter at each hem and place into the brew basket.
Thoroughly rinse the paper filter with hot water and drain into the thermal carafe. This will remove the papery taste from the filter and heat the thermal carafe.
Weigh just over 60g of coffee. The grind should be coarse and similar to that of a French Press.
Make sure to weigh the ground coffee.
Pour the ground coffee into the centre of your freshly-rinsed brew basket so it creates an even bed, ready for pouring.
Push the carafe into place so that the safety switch is compressed.
Ensure the drip stop lever on the basket is in the top open position.
Turn on the Moccamaster.
Agitate the coffee at each 250ml interval by gently shaking the brew basket.
This draws the coffee into the centre of the basket, promoting a more even extraction.
The entire process should take approximately 5 minutes. Enjoy your brew!