Varia VS3 - Hypernova Plasma Titanium Burr Set
- Pre-Crushing teeth geometry for a quicker grind (approx. 10 seconds quicker)
- Hypernova Ti: (440 Stainless Steel Plasma Plated) For espresso and filter.
- Coated with a thermal plasma spray technology to remove surface imperfections
- Improved top end range for espresso particle distribution at finer sizes.
- Medium body, increased clarity and definition of flavour, improved balanced profile and higher acidity
Plasma Coated Hypernova Burr - Key Performance Differences
A base material of 440 Stainless Steel is used for the Hypernova burr set offering an edge hardness of HRC65.
Durability & Heat Sinking:
The plasma coated burrs will have an increase in durability and also heat resistance. The burrs will stay cooler on the cutting edge during grinding and as a result this will impact the overall durability and sharpness of the cutting edge.
The grinding range of the plasma coated burr vs the regular stainless steel will be improved at the top end of finer particle sizes.
Grind Speed & Consistency:
The grind speed of the plasma coated burr is much faster than that of the stainless steel, supernova and hypernova burr types. They are designed with a pre-crushing geometry and the plasma coating helps to achieve a much quicker grind time.